Monday, September 8, 2008

Eco-friendly, Feenix Gear - How it all began


Hey guys, Alex Renaud from Feenix Gear bringing you something a little different this week.

When i First started this company, I did not have much knowledge about owning my own business. But with the Help of the Summer Company Program I was able to apply for a Government grant that would provide me with the opportunity to start my very own company for the summer. Summer company was the key for such a smooth start up, the staff at the Peterborough advisory center really help and also cared about me and my business. They provided me with several opportunities that I would not have been able to set-up myself.

Here is my very first news article that appeared in the newspaper a few weeks after beginning the summer company program.


From the ashes of despair rises the Feenix

Alex Renaud had been playing lacrosse for 11 years when he was involved in a terrible house fire that ended his career. From this tragedy Feenix Gear was born.

The phoenix is a mythical bird that is reborn from ashes. Similarly, Feenix Gear was born out of the ashes of Alex’s lacrosse dreams. No longer able to participate, Alex found a new way to be a part of the sports that he loved.

Alex knew that there was very little Canadian lacrosse merchandise readily available. He researched new materials like bamboo and old favorites like cotton from which to make his own line of quality lacrosse gear.

Through networking Alex learned about the “My Summer Company Program”. Alex applied online and was soon introduced to the wonderful staff of the Peterborough business advisory centre that were instrumental in securing the grant necessary to begin production.

Feenix Gear offers all green-friendly sports apparels. Our t-shirts are an all natural alternative, and they can come custom ordered with your team logo.

Get your team into Feenix Gear today.


Now that I have finished the summer company program I would recommended it to anyone who is thinking about starting there own business.

I can only push that if you have an idea to go for it. I can remember when i first thought of starting my own business and now to think about everything that has been accomplished since then is an incredible feeling. Do yourself a favor and follow your dreams because they can always come tru.


Alex Renaud

www.feenixgear.com

No comments: